Friday, 3 February 2012
Salad of Grilled Tenderstem®, Peaches & Goats’ Cheese...
This simple salad is bursting with freshness and flavor. When it’s hot outside try using a barbeque instead of a griddle for a perfect alfresco dish!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
200g Tenderstem®, stems cut in half
3 ripe peaches, stone removed and cut in quarters
1 tbsp olive oil
100g baby spinach leaves
150g goats cheese log (we used Kidderton Ash), cut into 1cm slices
Small bunch fresh basil, leaves picked and torn
Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
For the dressing
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar
Crusty ciabatta, cut into slices
What to do
1. Pre heat a griddle pan until smoking hot - this will take about 10 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, toss the Tenderstem® and peach quarters in the olive oil and season with a little freshly ground black pepper and sea salt.
3. Cook the Tenderstem® and peaches on the hot griddle for about 5 minutes, turning a few times, until they are just tender and marked with griddle-lines.
4. Arrange the spinach leaves on a serving platter, top with the cooked Tenderstem® and peaches and add the goats cheese slices.
5. Sprinkle with the torn basil leaves and dress with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately with plenty of crusty ciabatta to soak up the delicious juices.
Guest Post Crdits- Tenderstem