298 calories / 11.5g fat per portion
For the filling:
· 500g (1lb 2oz) Bramley apples peeled, cored and diced
· 50g (2oz) caster sugar
· 1-2 tbsp water
· 200g (7oz) blackberries, fresh or frozen
· Whipped cream, to serve
· Sprinkling of brown sugar, to serve
For the crumble:
· 225g (8oz) plain flour
· 110g (4oz) Kerrygold butter, now softer
· 110g (4oz) caster sugar
· 1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/ fan oven 160°C/Gas Mark 4.
2. Place the apples, sugar and water in to a saucepan and place on a medium heat. Bring to a simmer and stew, stirring occasionally for 5-7 minutes until quite soft. Transfer to a pie dish, then allow to cool as you prepare the crumble.
3. Place the flour and butter in a mixing bowl, then use your fingertips to rub together until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
4. Next mix in the sugar and cinnamon. Scatter the blackberries over the apple mixture, then cover with the crumble mixture.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the crumble is golden and crisp.
6. Serve warm with some whipped cream and a sprinkling of soft brown sugar
Guest Post Credits- This recipe comes from a collection of 6 brand new and exclusive recipes created by Rachel Allen featuring in The Kerrygold Community Recip-e-book. For more recipes please visit