This scones recipe is delicious hot or cold in any afternoon tea ...
- 180g Rachel’s Greek Style Ginger Yogurt
- 65g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp milk, extra for brushing
- 350g plain flour, extra for rolling out
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 80g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 50g cherry jam
- 200g whipping cream
- 200g Rachel’s Low Fat Cherry Yogurt
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or greaseproof paper.
- Put the yogurt, milk and sugar in a pan and warm until hand-hot, alternatively heat in a small bowl on low power for 40 seconds in the microwave.
- The sugar should melt into the yogurt and milk.
- Place the flour, baking powder, ginger powder and butter into a mixing bowl and rub the butter into the flour to make a breadcrumb texture.
- Using a wooden spoon add the warmed yogurt mix and stir well to form a dough.
- Dust the worktop with some flour and bring the dough together.
- Gently roll out the dough to about 3cm thick and with a round 7cm cutter push out the scones.
- Place the scones on the prepared tray with a good distance between them.
- Re-shape the dough and cut again.
- Brush each scone with a little milk and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack and sandwich with a mixture of jam, whipped cream and cherry yogurt to serve.
Recipe and photo credits- Rachel's