Portuguese Banana Yogurt Cake ...
The cake is moorish, soft and really easy to make.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 150g Rachel’s Greek Style Honey Yogurt
- 2 bananas, blended to a puree with a squeeze of lemon juice
- 250g plain flour
- 120g caster sugar
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 80g Rachel’s Greek Style Honey Yogurt
- 250g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Grease a 24cm ring cake mould or alternatively you could use a large loaf tin.
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir well to remove all lumps.
- Pour the cake batter into the mould and place in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes, until light brown and springy to touch.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes before removing the cake on to a wire rack to cool further.
- Meanwhile make the icing by placing the yogurt in a small bowl, add the icing sugar and beat well.
- Pour over the cake and leave to set.
About this post -
Recipe and photo credit by Rachel's