You will need
For the pastry
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 225g sieved flour
- Pinch of salt
- 50g Lard
- 150g Margarine
- Cold water to mix ( about 3-4 tbsp )
For the filling
- 6 sausages cut into half
- 2 large tomatoes cut into 12 slices not including ends
For the glaze
- 1 egg mixed together
- 1 tsp of mixed herbs
- In a bowl mix the flour, herbs and salt together.
- Cut lard and margarine into cubes and stir in.
- Slightly rub together.
- Add water a tablespoon at a time until all mixed together.
- Roll out onto a floured surface into a long rectangle.
- Fold into 3.
- Repeat the rolling out and folding 3 times.
- Cover pasty and leave in fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Grease 2 baking trays.
- Roll pasty into long rectangle.
- Lay 12 piece of tomatoes onto pasty spacing well and place sausage on top of tomatoes.
- Cut pasty into 12 pieces.
- Slightly roll each pasty out so you can cover sausage with 4 corners like a envelope.
- Glaze corners to stick down.
- Place envelope sides down on baking trays and glaze tops.
- Prick the tops of parcels with a fork.
- Sprinkle few herbs over.
- Bake on a pre heated oven 200c for about 25 - 30 minutes until golden brown.