Chicken recipe is marinated with aromatic garlic , ginger and Indian spices , combined with creamy yogurt.
Preparation time: 15 minutes and 2 hours marinating time
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 100g fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 whole chicken, deboned and portioned or 10 pieces
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tsp salt
- Handful of fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 red chillies, deseeded
- Handful of chopped coriander
- 250ml Rachel’s Greek Style Coconut Yogurt
- Use fresh dill and slices of lemon
- Begin by making a paste with the garlic and ginger and whiz them both in a food processor until finely chopped.
- With the juice of the lemons and the garlic add the ginger paste and rub this all over the chicken, then add the salt and thyme leaves.
- Leave the chicken to marinade for 1-2 hours or overnight if possible
- Dry roast all the spices in a small frying pan until hot, shuffle the spices around so that they toast evenly and become fragrant.
- Place these in a food processor alongside the chillies and fresh coriander to make a second paste.
- Stir in the yogurt.
This is the second marinade:
- Rub the spiced yogurt marinade over the chicken and if possible leave for a further 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat up the grill or barbeque cook for 10-15 minutes.
Recipe and photo credit by - Rachel's