- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5kg boneless lamb shoulder or diced leg
- 1 large onion,
- 2 garlic cloves,
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 150g apricots, ready to eat, chopped
- 680g passata
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 250g Rachel’s greek style honey yogurt
- Chopped parsley
- Chopped Flaked toasted almonds
- Chopped 1 cinnamon stick
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 500ml lamb stock
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole or a traditional tagine pot, fry the meat in batches until it colours then set aside.
- With the remaining oil fry the onion and garlic over a low heat until softened.
- Add the spices.
- Return the lamb to the casserole.
- Add the stock and passata and simmer.
- Place the casserole in the oven to cook for approx 1 hour, check at regular intervals to ensure that the casserole does not dry out and add more stock or passata as required.
- Add the sweet potato and apricots and return to the oven for another 30 minutes - 1 hour.
- Spoon over the yogurt, chopped parsley and flaked almonds.
- This recipe is even more delicious made the day before you plan on serving it, as the ingredients mingle and the flavours really develop.
- Serve with couscous or rice for a complete meal.
Recipe and photo credit by - Rachel's