Have a frightfully fun and scary Halloween...
Wednesday, 31 October 2012
Tuesday, 30 October 2012
Monday, 29 October 2012
Hello and welcome to Creative Mondays!!
A linky party hosted by me, Clairejustineoxox and Judy from: Judy h-jsThoughts .
How cool are Mondays!?
A place where you can link up all your creative post each week.... what have you all been up to this week?
Not sure if its my blog or everyone's? but somethings going strange this week..
My pictures wont go bigger, my draft writing has change and everything seems to be going different ( even my words size is going different !!) . Is this what happens when you change from .blogspot to .com? or is it going like this for anyone else who is on blogger? ...would love to know...
Talking of strange, I'm sharing some guest posts recipes this week for Halloween as I've been so busy filming a tumble dryer review I've not had time for much else...
Sunday, 28 October 2012
Earlier this summer we gave up on our washer/dryer.
We were fed up with one thing after another breaking, usually being linked to it being a combination device.
We opted for just a new washer, leaving the drying to mother nature. Unfortunately with the Summer we have had this has not been an ideal solution.
A new drier then, with Winter looming was top priority. It had to be a condenser type and it had to be a reasonable drum size for a family of six.
It was an amazing coincidence and surprise then to get the chance to review this Candy Smart Condenser Tumble Dryer.
We had a spare slot in the kitchen where a drier would fit and luckily the Candy drier squeezed in nicely. It has a nice size 8kg drum with plenty of drying options and with at the time of typing a snow covered garden, it has arrived at just the right time.
Pluses about tumble dryer are:
- Clothes come out not too creased so most thing's wont need much ironing. (A blessing!)
- Water tray and fluff filter are easy to access and filter and water tray lights on display panel telling you when they need doing.
- Either set the time manually or use Automatic settings which will range from bone dry to iron dry.
- These settings are the ones I have used the first few loads and save me wasting electricity drying too long.
- Clothes drys quickly compared to my old washer drier.
- Timer delay mode allowing you to set it up to switch on in middle of night when electricity tariff cheaper.
- Very easy to use.
- Has a Good quality look and feel to it. Very impressed.
- Priced at £206-00
Minus points about tumble dryer are:
- Slightly louder than expected.Although not excessive.
- People with mobility issues may struggle to reach bottom of drier to empty water tray.
- Only Category C energy consumption. A couple of the pluses can help to overcome this.
I was sent this product to review free of charge for the purpose of this review.
I was not paid for this review all thoughts are my own honest opinions.
For a bit of Halloween fun, try these spooky ideas!
They are quick and easy and get the kids eating veg too!
Saturday, 27 October 2012
Welcome to the weekend blog hop party!!
26/10 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week :
A fun linky where you can link up some of your favourite post of the week.
Simply link up to five different post or just add your main blog homepage.
Friday, 26 October 2012
Cooking: 1hr 10mins
Per serving: 335 calories, 9.4 fat, 4.0g saturates, 10.3g sugars, 0.37g salt
Contains a over a third of your RDA of Vitamin C and counts for two of your 5-a-day
Wednesday, 24 October 2012
Monday, 22 October 2012
All 3 of my sons (and husband), are fans of the Harry Potter universe.
I therefore thought it would be a nice surprise for them to play the newest chapter in Harry merchandise a new Xbox 360 game, Harry Potter for Kinect.
Hello and welcome to Creative Mondays hosted by Clairejustineoxox and Judyh-jsThoughts where you can link up all your creative post each week....
What creative things have you all been up to this week?
I've been making cakes!!
Chocolate M and M Marshmallow Muffins:
Sunday, 21 October 2012
Having a daughter who adores teddy's you can imagine the joy on her face when she came home from school to find the postman had delivered a spooky Halloween Hello Kitty teddy.
I was kindly emailed to see if I would like to review one from Build-A-Bear Workshop and as we are huge fan of the store I was very pleased to be asked.
Saturday, 20 October 2012
With National Apple Day approaching on October 21st, what better way to celebrate than to make friends and family some of Rachel Allen’s delicious Spiced Apple and Cinnamon Crumble.
The perfect dish to serve after a hearty winter meal, this dessert is a simple and delicious way to use those fresh, juicy apples.
298 calories / 11.5g fat per portion
Welcome to the weekend hop!!
A weekend full of fun planned ahead here.
How about you?
Enough about me!! On to the blog hop; where you can link up some of your favourite post of the week onto our hop and get your posts read, commented on and shared.
Simply link up and share between 1-5 different blog posts or just link your main blog....
Friday, 19 October 2012
Thursday, 18 October 2012
After feeling sorry for myself having a really bad headache and feeling weak like I am fighting a cold, I got out of my lounge ware and smartened my self up today.
Wearing my bird shirt I picked up from Primark a few weeks ago and my new boots I picked up from Tesco on line on Monday (which were delivered to store).
I have just been sent some of the new fun and exciting products from the lovely people at one stop beauty shop, Mad Beauty .
As soon as I seen - The Festive Pucker Ducks (introduced as the only duck you will want on your Christmas table ) I knew my daughter would love these.
She still enjoys playing with her yellow bath time duck and her eyes lite up when she seen these fun lip glosses.
They are deliciously fragrance with Cherry (Red) or Vanilla (White) and are so cute...
Wednesday, 17 October 2012
Welcome to our mid week blog hop: Wordless Wednesday!
Hosted by Clairejustine: Clairejustineoxox and Judy from Judyh-jsThoughts.
WW blog hop is where you can link up your Wordless/not so Wordless Wednesday photo posts each week...
A day out in London!
Monday, 15 October 2012
Tis the name what my 2nd oldest son joked I looked like today. Haha I quite like this new look !! :D
Welcome to Creative Mondays hosted by me, Claire Clairejustineoxox and Judy from Judy h-js Thoughts blogs.
A fun start to the week; every Monday where you can link up all your creative post each and every week....
What have you all been up to this week?
Anything fun and creative?
Sunday, 14 October 2012
A few weeks ago I was introduced to Gok Wan’s,1st anniversary collection of clothing for Tu at Sainsbury's.
I love Sainsbury's clothing and I was blown away by the beautiful piece's in the Gok for Tu - AW12 look book.
I wanted everything!! As everything in the collection is beautiful....
Friday, 12 October 2012
12/10 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week :Welcome to the weekend hop.
A linky party every Friday for you to find new blogs all weekend long!!
A blog hop where you can link up your favourite post of the week.
Simply link up between ont to five different blog posts or just add your main blog.
It was an unexpected surprise to be sent some samples of Oriflame's new make up range this week.
I was kindly sent 3 of the power shine satin lipstick plus 2 long lasting and revitalising foundation to try out .
Thursday, 11 October 2012
Yesterday as it was my husbands day off from work we decided to go out for the day out shopping.
I was unfortunately holding a slight hangover from a few glasses of wine the night before and was so cold all day.
We was going to go to Lincoln but as we missed the early train due to me not getting up early enough we did a detour and ended up in Derby.
Wednesday, 10 October 2012
Welcome to Wordless Wednesday hosted by Clairejustineoxox and Judyh-jsThoughts where you can link up your Wordless / not so Wordless Wednesday photo posts each week...
Although the mornings are starting to get very cold, the sun came out today and put me in a good mood. Feeling cheerful I put a flower in my hair, my ripped jeans on and a top I brought in the summer sale I've not got around to wearing yet...
Tuesday, 9 October 2012
Trick or treat,Smell my feet,Give me something good to eat....
With only weeks away from Halloween, all the little witches, skeleton's, zombies, ghouls and ghosts
will start to be appearing from nowhere. It has already found us going through my children's costumes to see which ones fits them or if we need to buy new ones.
Monday, 8 October 2012
Hello and welcome to Creative Mondays hosted by Clairejustineoxox and Judyh-jsThoughts where you can link up all your creative post each week.... what have you all been up to this week?
This week I've been tea dyeing some old clothes to give them a new fresh look....
Sunday, 7 October 2012
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
What you need:
- 8-10 small Cox’s apples, stalks twisted off
- 1 x 100g (4oz) bag microwave sweet popcorn
- 225g (8oz) Lyle’s Trick Or Treacle
- 450g (1lb) Tate & Lyle’s demerara sugar
- 110g (4oz) unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- You will also need 8-10 wooden ice-lolly or cake pop sticks and 2 baking trays lined with parchment paper.
- Put the apples in a large bowl, pour over boiling water to cover and then quickly pour it off.
- This will remove any wax coating from the apples and will help the toffee to stick.
- Polish dry.
- Push the sticks halfway into the core of the apples at the stalk end.
- Microwave the popcorn, according to the pack instructions, and have it ready in a bowl.
- Next, combine the treacle, sugar, butter and vinegar in a large heavy-based pan and stir constantly over a low heat with a wooden spoon for about 15 minutes until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil without stirring, otherwise the sugar may crystallise, until the mixture reaches 149°-154°C, 300°-310°F or the hard-crack stage.
- If you don't have a thermometer you can check that the toffee is ready by dropping a teaspoon of the mixture into a bowl of cold water.
- It should harden instantly and, when removed, be brittle and easy to break.
- If you can still squash the toffee, continue to boil it.
- Remove the pan from the heat and tilting it, quickly and carefully dip the apples one at a time in the toffee, twirling them as you do, to completely cover.
- Let any excess drip away before quickly scattering with popcorn whilst the toffee is still hot and place on a baking tray to harden.
- This is easier to do with help, with one person dipping and the other scattering with popcorn.
- If you find the toffee becomes too thick because the temperature has dropped, just heat it up again.
- Once set, store the toffee apples in an airtight container in a dry place, not the fridge, and eat within 24 hours or the toffee will soften and start to liquefy.
- If you have any spare toffee and popcorn after making the toffee apples, just stir them together in a bowl, quickly spoon into clusters on some parchment paper and leave to harden.
Recipe and photo credits by Lorna Wing for Lyles
Saturday, 6 October 2012
Yesterday just as I was going out for a run; the postman delivered me this very sweet:
Cuffs Of Love Cord Purple Bracelet that Find me a gift had sent me to review .
This is a i.d x-change friendship bracelet with 14 carat white gold plated handcuffs as a closure.
It comes in a choice of Medium, Small and X Small to fit adults or children where the clasps get larger throughout the size range. (e.g. small handcuff on the Extra Small bracelet, larger ones on the Medium).
|image soure - Find me a gift|
|image soure - Find me a gift|
What find me a gift say about the bracelets:
The i.d x-change Cuffs of Love Bracelets at Find Me a Gift are THE friendship jewellery fashion in America and symbolise being 'locked by love'.
Featuring a funky 14 carat white gold plated handcuff closure and designed by Igal Dahan, each of these string bracelets are easily adjustable and can be worn by men women or children!
Why not check out our other colour ranges too?
|image soure - Find me a gift|
- Small measures approx 15.5 cm to 24.5 cm in length
- Extra Small measures approx 13.5 cm to 23 cm in length
- Medium measures approx 16.5 cm x 25.5 in length
Priced at -
- Extra small-£24-99
- Small - £26-99
- Medium - £29-99
What I think of the bracelet-
This is a very sweet bracelet the 'locked by love' theme sounds very romantic.. I love the purple one that I have been sent and this is the sort of bracelet I would wear all day long.
I have heard that they’ve been a big hit with celebrities; stars like Terri Hatcher, the Kardashians and Paris Hilton have been spotted wearing this style too.
About this review-
I got sent a purple Cuffs Of Love Friendship Bracelet to review and was not paid for this post,all thoughts on the bracelet are my own honest opinion.
Sticky, glossy and very tender, these witches’ ribs make a perfect Halloween treat to nibble on after trick or treating.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Friday, 5 October 2012
05/10 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week :
Welcome to the weekend hop where you can link up your favourite post of the week.
Simply link up to 3 different post or just your main blog.
Get Fit Or Eat Pie Trying Week # 4
Last week as been such hard work think I have wore myself out a little or got run down with a cold.
I did manage to get 2 good rep sessions at the running club and my first race for a long time on Saturday the first ever Parkrun with open here.
Although they don't encourage it as being a race I was pleased with my time @ 7.54 average pace per mile, here is my 5K summery-
|"For me its Get Fit Or Eat Pie Trying "|
Thursday, 4 October 2012
Wednesday, 3 October 2012
Hi and welcome to this weeks Wordless Wednesday linky party.
Hosted by Clairejustineoxox and Judyh-jsThoughts where you can link up your Wordless /not so Wordless Wednesday photo posts each week...
Tuesday, 2 October 2012
A few days ago I mentioned how much my children love to dress up and have a scary Halloween party every year.
They love to find a spooky costume,decorate the house with spiders,skeletons and hide in dark places to scare each other.
They also enjoy making lots of fun party food and cakes which for me is the best part...
Every year we always go hunting around the shops looking for new and exciting ideas for our party.
Monday, 1 October 2012
Hello and welcome to Creative Mondays blog hop.
Hosted by Clairejustineoxox and Judyh-jsThoughts where you can link up all your creative post each week....
What have you all been up to this week?
© Claire Justine | All rights reserved.