320 calories / 21.5g fat per portion
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 100g (3 ½ oz) Kerrygold butter, now softer
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed or finely grated
- 1 tsp ground/whole cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and pepper
- Green salad, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- To prepare the chicken, carefully cut each breast almost in half lengthways, then open out the two halves like a book.
- Place the butter, spices and garlic in a mixing bowl and cream together well. Rub ½ of the butter mixture into the chicken fillets, then place on a plate, cover and chill for at least 2 hours, up to 6.
- When you’re ready to cook them, place a griddle pan on a high heat and allow to get very hot.
- When it’s smoking, add the chicken breasts and cook for just 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, heat the reserved marinade in a small saucepan and use to spoon over the chicken when cooked.
- Serve immediately with a green salad and lemon wedges.
- Paillard is a method of preparing a chicken breast that makes cooking it much faster.
- By cutting the breast almost in half and then opening it out, much more of the meat is exposed to the heat and it will take only a couple of minutes on each side to cook.
Recipe and photo credit by -
This recipe comes from a collection of 6 brand new and exclusive recipes created by Rachel Allen featuring in The Kerrygold Community Recip-e-book. For more recipes please visit Kerrygold