Hello and welcome to Creative Mondays hosted by Clairejustineoxox and Judy-H-JS Thought where you can link up all your creative post each week.
This week I made this recipe up using Mars bars, they tasted very sweet,yummy and everybody love them...
- 100g White cooking chocolate
- 100g Milk cooking chocolate
- 4 x 58g Mars bars
- 100g Margarine
- 1 tbsp Golden syrup
- 150g Cornflakes
- 150g Dark cooking chocolate
You will need
- 2 x 6 holes silicon flower or any shaped mould oven trays
- Melt the white cooking chocolate in a bowl either in a microwave or in a heat prof bowl over simmering pre boiled water.
- In another bowl melt the milk chocolate the same way.
- Place the melted chocolate evenly between the 12 holes silicon tray, mixing the white chocolate and milk chocolate slightly together.
- Leave to cool whilst preparing the Mars bar mix.
- Slice the 4 Mars bars into chunks, place with the margarine and golden syrup in a heatproof bowl.
- Melt over a pan of simmering pre boiled water.
- Stir the mixture, first as it melts it becomes thin, keep stirring it as it will start to become thicker.
- When everything is melted and mixed in together, remove from the bowl from the pan and mix in the corn flakes straight away.
- Crush the cornflakes down slightly with a potato masher.
- Leave to cool slightly so not to melt the chocolate in the moulds.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the 12 holes in the trays on top of the chocolate and with the back of a spoon gentle press down.
- Melt the dark chocolate and cover the 12 treats.
- Leave to cool.
- Once cooled place in a fridge for a few hours to set until ready to turn out.
- When taking them out, turn upside down onto a place a loosen all sides, slowly lift from the middle, if starting to break they may need to cool more.
- One turned out the bottoms become the tops.