I made some flapjack for the children's pack lunches when we were snowed in...
Chocolate chips to make the children want to eat them with hidden raisins. Trouble is once they got made and seen, everybody grabbed them and they disappeared!!
What to make for tomorrows lunch time treat now?
Serves 9-12 depending on the size you want..
- Little margarine for greasing tray
- 100g Margarine
- 200g Rolled oats
- 100g Milk chocolate chips
- 50g Raisins
- 50g Plain flour
- 3 Tablespoons of golden syrup
- 50g Golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp Honey
- Pre heat the oven to 180c gas mark 4.
- Place the margarine, golden syrup, caster sugar and honey in a pan and melt over a low heat until all melted.
- In a bowl mix the oats, chocolate chips, raisins and flour together.
- When the butter mix has melted pout over the dry ingredients a little at a time until all mixed in.
- Mix well.
- Grease the tin.
- Pour all the mixture into the tin and level off the top of the mixture with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Cook for around 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Cut into 9 or 12 pieces and leave in the tin to cool and set.