This has to be one of the simplest and most impressive puds when you have large groups of friends or family to entertain.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- 4 pears, about 550 g in total, halved, cores scooped out with a teaspoon
- 6 plums, about 350 g (12 oz.) in total, halved, stoned
- 225 g (8 oz.) blackberries
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into large pieces
- 8 cloves
- 2-3 star anise, depending on size
- 1 orange, juice only
- 50 g (2 oz.) butter, diced
- 50g (2 oz.) light muscovado sugar
- Arrange the pears, plums and blackberries in a roasting tin.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon, cloves and star anise.
- Spoon the orange juice over, dot with the butter then sprinkle with the sugar.
- Bake in a preheated oven 190°C (375°F) Gas Mark 5 for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Serve hot spooned into bowls and topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or spoonful of crème fraiche, if liked.
- Experiment with different fruits such as peaches and nectarines.
About this post -
Recipe and photo credit by Seasonal Berries