- 225g salted butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- 4tbsp Rachel's low fat strawberry yogurt
- A few drops of pink colouring, if required
Makes 12 biscuits
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Pre-heat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas Mark 2.
- Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Place the butter and the sugar in a mixing bowl and beat together until pale.
- Add the flour and bring the mixture together until a soft dough is formed.
- Tip the dough onto a floured surface and using a floured hand gently roll out to ½ cm thickness.
- Using a heart shaped cutter, cut out the dough and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown for approximately ten minutes.
- Leave for five minutes on the tray to cool and then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
To make the icing
- Mix the icing sugar with the strawberry yogurt and beat until smooth, add the colouring and beat again.
- Using a small piping bag, pipe the strawberry icing within the contours of the biscuit.
- Allow to set.
Recipe and photo credit by Rachel's