Quick to mix together, light, refreshing and low in calories.
Plus this healthy salad is just bursting with health-boosting antioxidants, vitamin C and protein to help keep you in tip top shape.
Prep: 25 minutes
- 450g (1lb) strawberries, hulled, halved, larger ones quartered
- 500g (1lb 2oz) watermelon, peeled, seeds discarded, cut into cubes
- ¼ cucumber, skin partly peeled away, deseeded, diced
- 1 little gem lettuce, thickly sliced
- 180g pack frozen cooked and peeled prawns, defrosted, rinsed with cold water, drained
- ½ x 60g pack baby kale leaves
- 50g (2oz) pomegranate seeds
- 1 lime, grated rind and juice
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or light olive oil
- ½-1 large mild red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped, to taste
- Handful fresh mint, finely chopped
- Little salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Add all the salad ingredients to a large shallow bowl and gently toss together with two spoons.
2. Fork all the dressing ingredients together, drizzle over the salad and serve with warmed flatbreads.
- Rather than adding prawns and mint this salad also tastes great with cubed goats cheese and chopped coriander.
This is a guest post from Seasonal Berries. No payment was received.