Last week, thanks to Delicious Alchemy I have been baking some Gluten Free valentine treats. Over the weekend we have been having a feast on our Gluten Free bakes..
Above : Some of the products from the Delicious Alchemy range.
First up I made some yummy cupcakes from their Vanilla Sponge Mix.
Strawberry Heart Cupcakes
- 1 packet of Delicious Alchemy gluten and dairy free Vanilla Sponge Mix
- 3 Large eggs
- 180g of soft unsalted butter or dairy free alternative
- 20ml Water
- 50g unsalted butter or 50g dairy free alternative
- 100g Icing sugar
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 6 fresh strawberries, cut into halves
- Pre heat the oven to 180c/160c for fan assisted ovens.
- Place the cake mix, soft butter OR dairy free alternative, eggs and water into a bowl.
- Beat together with an electric whisk for 15 sec.
- Stop, scrap down the mixture and mix for a further 10 seconds.
- Line a 12 holed muffin tray with cupcake cases.
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the 12 cupcake cases.
- Bake for around 20 - 22 minutes, until lightly risen and a light golden colour.
- Take out oven and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Take out tray and leave to go cold on a wire tray.
- Wait till completely cool before adding icing sugar.
- In a big bowl sift the icing sugar. Add the unsalted butter OR dairy free alternative and mix until all creamed together.
- Place in fridge to set.
- Cut strawberries in half, place on a plate with seeds facing upward. Use a heart shape cookie cutter or knife to make the top of the strawberries look like heart shapes.
- Pop a spoonful of butter cream onto each cupcake and then a half of strawberry.
Cooks from cold
You will need:
- 1 Gluten and dairy free Brown Bread Mix
- (20g) 2 and a half tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 350ml Tepid water
- Unsalted butter and cheese slices. If on a dairy free diet exchange these for dairy free butter and dairy free toppings.
- Mix cooks from cold so no need to pre heat oven.
- Grease a1lb bread tin.
- Add the bread mix to the bowl, pour over the oil and water then mix together with a food mixer.
- Mix together on slow speed for about 5 minutes, making sure you mix all the mixture from the sides together. Transfer the dough to the greased tin, rub a spachular across to make it even.
- Cover with lightly oiled cling film and leave somewhere warm for 20 minutes.
- Place the tin in the centre of a cold oven.
- Pop oven on 220c/195c for fan assisted oven.
- Bake for around 80 minutes.
- Take out the tin and leave to cool completely.
- Slice the bread once cool, butter and cut some heart shape cheese slices out.
You will need:
- 1 packet of Delicious Alchemy Oaty Cookie Mix
- 75g unsalted butter or dairy free alternative
- 30ml water
- 70g Gluten free dried cranberry's
- Pre heat oven to 180c/160 fan assisted oven.
- Grease a medium heart tray.
- Pour the cookie mix into a bowl.
- Add the dried cranberry's.
- Melt together the butter and water in a small pan.
- Pour onto the cookie and cranberry's, mix and stir well.
- Place the mix into the grease heart tray and level mixture with the back of a fork.
- Cook for around 22-24 minutes , until golden.
To join in the fun~
- Link up your creative, recipe, crafty, outfit or anything creative posts on the blog hop below.
- Visit a few blogs on the list to make the hop fun for everyone.
- Please try to include the Creative Monday button or a text link back to my blog in the post you are linking up.
- Be great if you would like to follow? let me know if you do, so I can stop by and follow back.
- Don't forget to tweet me your links so I can re-tweet them.