Since the weather has turned cooler we have stopped making as many fruit smoothies lately. We always seam to have some bananas left at the end of the week that need using up. Perfect for banana bread then. I made a banana bread up and the kids loved it.
You will need :
- 250g Plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 150g Sugar
- 100g Margarine
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 100g White chocolate chips
- Edible flowers (optional)
You will also need a loaf tin around 26 cm long, grease proof paper tin liner
- Pre heat the oven to 180c fan oven
- In a large mixing bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together.
- With an electric whisk mix in the butter. In a little bowl mix eggs together then add to the mixture and mix well.
- Mash the banana up with the back of a fork and stir into the mixture along with 80g of chocolate chips. Saving about 20g to melt on the top. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer all mixture to a greased and lined loaf tin and spread the top down evenly.
- Bake for around 55 minutes until golden brown and cooked throughout.
- Remove from oven, leave around 10 minutes then remove from tin and leave to cool completely.
- In a microwave melt the 20g of left over chocolate and drizzle over the cake, add flowers. Leave to cool and slice.