Makes approx 20 biscuits
For the biscuits
- 100g butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 2 happy eggs
- 2 happy egg yolks
- 50g ground almonds
- 240g plain flour
- 120g butter
- 250g icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Food colouring to suit
- In a bowl, mix the butter and sugar together with an electric blender, until they form a creamy paste.
- Add the happy eggs and happy egg yolks and mix, then fold in the almonds and flour with a wooden spoon or spatula until fully combined.
- Press the mixture into a greased tray to a thickness of about ¼” (6mm). Place in a preheated oven at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for 10-12 minutes.
- The biscuit mixture is ready when it has just started to colour.
- Carefully turn out onto a sheet of baking parchment on a flat cool surface.
- While still warm to touch, use a cookie cutter to press out the shapes but don’t try to lift them out until completely cooled, or they’ll break.
- Mix the butter and icing sugar together in a bowl, adding the milk as needed to make a smooth paste.
- It’s much easier if you warm the butter.
- First, ice the biscuits all over with the plain icing, adding some edible glitter for a festive feel.
- Then add a little red food colouring to the remaining icing, spoon it into a piping bag and draw on his shiny red nose.