Being a runner I am trying to add more fruit to my diet and eat more bananas.
Tuesday, 24 September 2013
Tuesday, 19 February 2013
Saturday, 12 January 2013
Thursday, 20 December 2012
Getting some recipes ready for juicing my way through 2013. With starting my London marathon training after Christmas what better way to get some added vitamins inside you than a smoothie?
Saturday, 24 March 2012
Tuesday, 3 January 2012
Tuesday, 20 December 2011
The new Ban-tastic Bananas from Good Natured are grown using only natural predators (good bugs) to control pests (bad bugs) and disease, so you can be sure that the range is grown in harmony with Mother Nature and free from pesticide residue.
Saturday, 3 December 2011
- 160g Caster Sugar
- 160g Butter, in small pieces
- 60ml Dark Rum
- 600g Puff Pastry
- 4 large, slightly unripe Bananas
- Saturate the sugar with 60ml of cold water and melt gently.
- Add the butter and melt over a medium heat, shaking the pan to blend the butter with the sugar.
- Boil to a medium dark brown caramel, but do not let it burn.
- Take off the heat and stir in the rum.
- Pour the caramel into 8 cast iron pans or tins that are big enough to fit a banana.
- Spread the caramel with the back of a spoon to level it out.
- Roll the pastry out to 3mm thickness.
- Peel the banana and slice in half lengthwise.
- Lay the rounded side onto the pastry and cut around the banana leaving a 1cm border.
- Turn the bananas over and press the pastry to the sides of the banana and trim away any excess, then place flat side down on the caramel.
- Rest in the fridge.
- Bake at 200°C until the pastry is crisp and golden (approx. 10mins).
About this post-
Recipe and photo credit by- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
© Clairejustine | All rights reserved.