Preparation time: 15 minutes
Chilling time: 1-2 hours
Finishing time: 15 minutes
- 65 g (21/2 oz) good quality white cooking chocolate
- Few drops pink food colouring
- 100 ml (31/2 fl oz) double cream
- 1 tablespoon white rum, grand marnier or other favourite liqueur
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar, plus extra sifted sugar to decorate
- 50 g (2 oz) raspberries
- 50 g (2 oz) small strawberries, halved or quartered depending on size
- 50 g (2 oz) blueberries
- Little sifted icing sugar, optional
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in bowl set over a small saucepan of gently simmering water.
- Cut two squares of non-stick baking paper about 15 cm (6 inches) across.
- Divide the chocolate between the squares of paper, add a drop or two of pink food colouring then spread each into a large wavy edged circle with a round bladed knife to give a marbled effect.
- Drape each circle over an upturned tumbler so that the chocolate is uppermost and leave to harden in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- When the chocolate if firm, gently lift the paper off the glass, turn the moulded chocolate up the other way and very carefully peel the paper away.
- Set each chocolate cup on a plate.
- Whip the cream until just holding its shape, flavour with the liqueur and sugar then fold in the fruit.
- Spoon into the chocolate cups, dust lightly with a little sifted icing sugar if liked and refrigerate.
- Serve within 1 hour of finishing.
- These cups can also be made with a mix of dark and white melted chocolate or all dark chocolate if preferred.