Fancy making a cake that is quick and easy to bake?
Recipe and photo credit by- Mat Follas and happy egg co
- 180g sugar
- 75g butter
- 2 happy eggs
- 200ml milk
- Two cups sifted flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp powdered cinnamon
- 1 tsp mace
- 1 tsp mixed sugar and cinnamon
- Whip sugar and butter until no grains of sugar are left and it is a pale yellow colour.
- Beat eggs into the mix then add gradually milk, sifted flour, baking powder, cinnamon and mace, folding ingredients together.
- Bake in a buttered, non-stick 20cm round dish for 40 minutes at 180ºC, until the sides just begin to pull away from the tin.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with the cinnamon and sugar mix and replace in oven for 5 minutes to glaze.