Give the family something to ho ho ho! about with scrumptious bite sized Primula Santa Cheese Cakes – a decadent way of using Primula Original Cheese in your festive baking...
Preparation: 24 hours
- 1 tube of Primula Original Cheese
- 4 ginger biscuits
- 3 digestive biscuits
- 12 strawberries
- 60g icing sugar
- 200ml double cream
- 50g butter
- 3 gelatine leaves
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 12 cupcake liners (5cm in diameter)
- Melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Put the digestive and ginger biscuits in a sandwich bag and bash them with a rolling pin until they are a crumbly powder.
- Mix the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter until it starts to join together.
- Place a spoonful of the biscuit mixture in the base of each cupcake liner and press down firmly to the bottom using a teaspoon until each base is roughly 1cm in thickness.
- It is easier to pop the liners in a cupcake-baking tray, as they will keep their shape.
- Place in the fridge to set whilst you make the cheese mix.
- Squeeze Primula Original Cheese into a mixing bowl and add the icing sugar and vanilla extract.
- Mix to a smooth consistency.
- In a separate bowl whip up 150ml double cream until it stands in stiff peaks.
- Fold the cream into the cheese mixture.
- Follow the gelatine mix as described on the packaging and stir thoroughly through the cheese.
- Take the bases from the fridge and spoon in the cheesecake mix on top (2.5cm thick) and place inside the fridge to set overnight.
- Take the cheesecakes out of the fridge and remove the liners.
- To decorate, cut the tops off 12 strawberries.
- Place the strawberries upside down on the top to look like a Santa hat.
- Whip up the remaining double cream, until it stands in stiff peaks and put into a piping bag.
- Pipe a tiny decorative silver ball on the top of every strawberry and a ring of balls around the base.
- This will look like the fur parts of the hat! Serve and enjoy!
Recipe and photo credit by Primula