Saturday, 19 September 2015
Sunday, 24 November 2013
Saturday, 16 November 2013
Sunday, 10 November 2013
Saturday, 9 March 2013
Tuesday, 12 February 2013
Spoil the one you love with this Valentine's Day recipe...
- 225g salted butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- 4tbsp Rachel's low fat strawberry yogurt
- A few drops of pink colouring, if required
Makes 12 biscuits
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Pre-heat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas Mark 2.
- Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Place the butter and the sugar in a mixing bowl and beat together until pale.
- Add the flour and bring the mixture together until a soft dough is formed.
- Tip the dough onto a floured surface and using a floured hand gently roll out to ½ cm thickness.
- Using a heart shaped cutter, cut out the dough and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown for approximately ten minutes.
- Leave for five minutes on the tray to cool and then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
To make the icing:
- Mix the icing sugar with the strawberry yogurt and beat until smooth, add the colouring and beat again.
- Using a small piping bag, pipe the strawberry icing within the contours of the biscuit.
- Allow to set.
Recipe and photo credit by Rachel's
Saturday, 26 January 2013
Easy to make yourself Valentine chocolates. These were so easy to make and looks like they've come from the shops!!
My two oldest sons both said "they look good have your brought them?!!"
My husband said "wow did you make the chocolate too, "
"Hold on a minute" I said, "I'm not that good" ...
These are so much fun and the blueberries pop when you bite them against the chocolate. Now off to see how to make some chocolate to really impress him.
Tuesday, 18 December 2012
Finding something we all love to eat with a bit of everyone's favourite ingredients inside. White chocolate check, caramel check, Christmas sprinkles check, biscuits check. I had to do most of the work due to very hot pans but my daughter helped with the important bit at the end sprinkles and tasting ....
Wednesday, 12 December 2012
Monday, 10 December 2012
Friday, 30 November 2012
Delicious buttery biscuits, with edible sweetie stained glass.
These edible decorations make the perfect gift and are ideal for hanging on the tree.
Great for getting the kids involved, all you need are clean hands and a little imagination!
A magical treat to enjoy at Christmas.
Saturday, 3 November 2012
Pretty gift ...
These pretty patisseries are very fashionable at the moment but can be very expensive to buy, so why not make your own and give as a gift in a recycled box lined with non-stick baking paper and a lacy paper doily tied with ribbon.
Monday, 19 December 2011
Sunday, 18 December 2011
© Claire Justine | All rights reserved.