Last week we received a lovely fun and crafty parcel from Bostik and Tots 100 as part of our monthly crafty challenge. With lots of crafty ideas springing to mind it was hard work deciding which one to go with first.
My daughter pick the egg to decorate first so I glues some felt on the sides and lid of an old ice-cream box, to make her a jewellery box. Some foam inside an old basket to place our shared nail varnish in. Then stuck buttons on to a pasta sauce bottle, to make a cool button jar.
I loved these glue dots, I had never tried these before. They are such a great idea, simple to use and a strong hold. I could do with lots of these for my up cycling shoe projects!!
Here is all our crafty ideas...
First up a button jar to store all mums buttons in that I keeps buying...
You will need~
- A used and washed out pasta sauce bottle.
- Lots of buttons
- As many glu dots as buttons you are using.
What we did~
- Stick one side of the double sided glu dot on the jar and peel the other side away, place a button on the glu dot.
- Make a random pattern all over your jar with glu dots and buttons placed on (these dots are great and extra strong)
- Cut some felt for the top and glue in place.
- Cut a piece of felt to cover the lid and glue.
- place a piece of ribbon around both pieces of felt and glue.
- Another glu dot for a button around the ribbon.
- A nice big button for the top of the lid stuck on with glue.
- Fill your jar with buttons...
A nail varnish basket..
What you need~
- An old basket.
- A few different colours of funky coloured foam sheets.
- Glu dots.
- 2 pink pipe cleaners
What we did...
- Cut some foam sheets for the bottom of the basket and sides.
- Glue them all in.
- Place ribbon around the the bottom of the basket.
- Use glu dots to stick pompoms around the sides.
- Stick eyes on random pompoms.
- Cover the handles with pipe cleaners going around for a nice effect.
Children's jewellery box...
What you need~
- Used and washed out ice cream tub.
- 3 different colour felt sheets.
- Foam flowers (that are ready to stick)
What to do~
- Cut different colour panels out of the felt for each sides, to and bottom of box.
- Glue all sides, top and bottom on with glue.
- Cut some ribbon to size and stick around bottom of box.
- Stick flowers onto top and around the box in a pattern.
Wow we have been very crafty the last few days....
We got send a lovely parcel of fun things to share our crafty work. All thoughts on the post are my honest opinion and I was not paid for this post...