Christmas is all about spreading joy; so why not give your loved ones a little surprise this year with real mince pies, loaded with spicy minced beef and a surprise cheesy centre.
Cooking: 18-20 minutes
- 1 tube of Primula Original Cheese
- 500g ready-rolled short crust pastry
- 150g minced beef
- 4-5 chopped sundried tomatoes
- ½ diced onion
- ½ pint beef stock
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2tbsps tomato puree
- 1tsp cayenne pepper
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp corn flour
- ½tsp sugar
- 1tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- Roll out pastry large enough to cut out 10 discs to line the mini muffin tin moulds and 10 smaller discs for lids.
- Brush the tin moulds with a little oil.
- In a frying pan, fry the mince with about ½ teaspoon of oil.
- Add the crushed garlic and onions and cook.
- When the mince is brown add sundried tomatoes, tomato puree and the stock.
- Add the cayenne pepper, cumin, paprika and sugar and simmer for about 10 minutes so that the liquid reduces.
- Add the corn flour and mix thoroughly.
- Season to taste.
- In the bottom of each of the pie bases spoon a layer of mince into each and squeeze a layer of Primula Original Cheese on top.
- Leave enough space to fit the pastry lid.
- Brush the rim of the pie with milk and place the lid on top.
- Pinch around the rim to seal the lid and then make a small hole in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Brush the top with some milk.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven when the pastry is a nice golden brown.
- Enjoy piping hot from the oven or cool for a chilled treat.
About this post -
Recipe and photo credit by Primula