Embrace the festive season with this unique recipe for sweet potato and cinnamon muffins. Spicy cinnamon compliments fluffy butter cream to create a sweet treat that’s perfect for a thoughtful Christmas gift, special Boxing Day brunch or simply gobbled up fresh from the oven.
Monday, November 17, 2014
Tuesday, November 04, 2014
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
For the muffins
- 300 g (11 oz) plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g (4 oz) caster sugar
- 75 g (3 oz.) butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 150 g (5 oz.) natural fat free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 175 g (6 oz.) raspberries
- 100 g (4 oz.) white chocolate diced
- 50g (2 oz.) white chocolate, melted
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with 10 muffin cases.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and sugar together in a bowl.
- Fork the melted butter, eggs, yogurt and vanilla together in a second bowl until just mixed then add to the dry ingredients and fork together until just mixed.
- Add the raspberries and diced chocolate, mix together briefly then spoon into muffin cases.
- Bake in a preheated oven set to 190°C (375°F) Gas Mark 5 for 15-20 minutes until well risen and golden.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes then loosen the edges of the cases with a round bladed knife, lift muffins out of the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- Decorate the muffins with melted chocolate drizzled from a spoon or piped from a paper piping bag with the tip snipped off – no need for a piping tube.
- Leave to harden for 5-10 minutes before serving.
About this post -
This is a guest post.
No payment was received.
Recipe and photo credit by Seasonal Berries..
Saturday, November 16, 2013
Sunday, November 10, 2013
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Saturday, February 09, 2013
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Boozy Sultana Cupcake with Brandy Butter Frosting...
A very ‘adult’ cupcake with a festive flavour!
A tasty alternative to mince pies, sweet, indulgent and delicious!
The Brandy-soaked sultanas add great flavour and texture to a simple cupcake!
Creamy frosting, light sponge and a brandy kick give these lovely cupcakes a festive feel.
Monday, October 22, 2012
Hello and welcome to Creative Mondays hosted by Clairejustineoxox and Judyh-jsThoughts where you can link up all your creative post each week.... what have you all been up to this week?
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Tuesday, February 28, 2012