For Her- Crostini au Gratin with Walnuts Pears
- ½ baguette
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 150 g/5 oz grated Västerbottensost cheese
- 200 ml/7 fl oz crème fraiche
- 2 pears
- 2 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 1 large pack mixed salad e.g. frissée, radicchio and lollo rosso
- 75 g/3 oz walnuts
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill to 250°C/475°F/ High.
- Cut the baguette into 1 cm/½ inch slices, brush both sides with a little oil and toast under the grill for a couple of minutes until golden brown.
- Mix the cheese with the crème fraiche and put a dollop on each crostini.
- Cut the pears into 12 wedges. Brush with oil and arrange with the crostini on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle a little sugar over both creamed cheese and pears and grill until the creamed cheese is nicely browned.
- Remove and serve on a bed of lettuce leaves.
- Scatter with walnuts and drizzle with rapeseed oil if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
For Him- Luxurious Shellfish Pizzas
Makes 20 small bite size or 2 large pizzas
- 25 g/1 oz fresh yeast
- 150 ml/5 fl oz water
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 225–275g/8-10oz plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds or dill seeds
- 10 scallops
- 20 fresh mussels
- 20 scampi
- 2 sliced red onions
- 1 pack fresh spinach
- 150 g/5 oz grated
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 250°C/475°F/Gas 9.
- Mix the yeast with water warmed to 37°C/98°F.
- Add sugar, oil, flour, salt and fennel seeds and knead for 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Leave to rise for 30 minutes.
- Halve the scallops.
- Wash the mussels and tap them sharply. Discard any that do not shut.
- Divide the dough into 20 small pieces or make 2 large pizzas.
- Roll out each one thinly.
- Arrange the filling on top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the mussels have opened and the pizzas are golden brown.
- Sprinkle lightly with pepper.