Ingredient and Quantity
- Butter 65g
- Caster Sugar 160g
- Eggs (whole Beaten) 45g
- Melted Dark Chocolate 150g
- Cocoa Powder (Belgian dark) 40g
- Plain flour 175g
- Baking Powder 2g
- California Prune Puree 30g
- Water 50g
- Melt chocolate and add butter once fully melted over a previously boiled pan of water.
- Sieve flour, sugar, cocoa and baking powder and add to mixing bowl.
- Weigh eggs, water, prune puree and in the same container.
- With a wooden spoon mix the flours and egg mixture until lump free.
- Scrape mixing bowl thoroughly and add melted chocolate and butter.
- Beat for a further 45 seconds and transfer mixture to an oiled, silicone paper baking tray.
- Bake in a standard four sided baking tray for 45 minutes at 150 degrees
To make the California Prune Puree
- 225g California stoned, ready-to-eat Prunes and 90ml water – Using a liquidiser blend the prunes with water until pureed. Makes 275g.
About this post-
This is a free guest post by California Prunes