Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 150g Whitworths Cranberries
- 150g Whitworths Sultanas
- 150g Whitworths Raisins
- 50g Candied Mixed Peel
- 120ml Dark Rum
- 125g Unsalted Butter, diced
- 160g Dark Brown Sugar
- 100g Plain Flour
- 3tsp Mixed Spice
- 1 tbsp Black Treacle
- 2 Medium Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Medium Cooking Apple, peeled & grated
- 25g Whitworths Flaked Almonds
- 50g Whitworths Walnut Pieces
- 1tbsp runny honey
- Soak the cranberries, sultanas, raisins and candied peel in the rum for 48 hours, in a covered bowl, before making the Christmas puddings.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC (fan 160oC), Gas Mark 4.
- Use 25g of the butter to generously grease eight cups of a deep muffin tin, leaving the four corner cups ungreased.
- Beat the remaining butter until soft in a large mixing bowl and then stir in the sugar.
- Sift the flour and mixed spice together into the bowl and beat until evenly combined with the butter mixture.
- Add the black treacle and gradually beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Fold the alcohol soaked fruit, the grated apple and almonds into the batter and gently mix until evenly distributed.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the eight greased muffin tin cups, leaving the four ungreased corners empty.
- Fill the corner cups with boiling water and carefully place the muffin tray on the bottom shelf of the preheated oven & bake for 40 minutes.
- Carefully remove the muffin tin from the oven and use a blunt knife to ease the Christmas puddings out of the muffin tin.
- Serve immediately.
- Mix the walnut pieces and runny honey and use to top the mini puddings, then serve warm with vanilla custard, cream or brandy butter.
Recipe and photo credit by - Whitworths