Rhubarb and Strawberry Crumble By Roisin Proulx ....
300 calories / 10.8g fat per portion
Roisin says: ‘My mum made this recipe a few years ago and now I make it for my children. Everyone loves it. It is the tastiest crumble ever!’
For the filling
- 225g (8oz) strawberries, hulled and halved
- 450g (1lb) rhubarb, chopped into 2.5cm (1 inch) pieces
- 75g (3oz) caster sugar
For the crumble
- 150g (5oz) wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 25g (1oz) rolled oats
- 75g (3oz) Kerrygold butter, chilled and cubed
- 75g (3oz) soft light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan oven 160°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Mix together the strawberries and rhubarb in a large pie dish and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Put the flour, cinnamon (if using) and oats into a bowl and mix well.
- Add the Kerrygold butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar and mix through.
- Sprinkle this crumble mixture evenly over the fruit and bake for 30-35 minutes until cooked and golden.
- Another time, use 500g (1lb 2oz) Bramley apples (peeled, cored and chopped) instead of rhubarb, and reduce the caster sugar to 50g (2oz).
Recipe and photo credits-
Roisin Proulx’s recipe has been taken from the Kerrygold Community Recip-e-book, available for free download now! Visit Kerrygold UK for more delicious recipes and to download your free copy.