Last week I was happy to be asked by JD Sports if I would like to pick some running leggings. As a runner you can never have too many exercise clothes, especially as I am onto a new fitness regime, trying to work out 6 days a week! As I am a member of a gym I needed some fitness leggings suitable for gym work, spinning classes and the occasional run.
Trying them out on a Parkrun 5km race...
As am am a Nike fan I picked these 2 pairs of lovely logo tights.
- These womens Leg- A- See leggings from Nike come in a black colour option with an all over discrete pink in the stretch.
- Features include large JUST DO IT branding on the leg, tonal swoosh branding on the thigh and the "Just Do It" slogan on the elasticated waistband.
- 57% Cotton/32% Polyester/11% Elastane , Product Care: Machine Washable
- Sizes ~ XS,S,M,L,XL..
- Price ~ £30.00
NikeLeg-A-See Logo (bottom pair)
- The Nike Leg-A-See Logo Women's Leggings feature a screen print on a sweat-wicking, stretch cotton blend for style and comfort.
- Featuring Dri-FIT fabric to wick sweat away and help keep you dry and comfortable and an elastic waistband for a snug, comfortable fit.
- Dri-FIT 57% organic cotton/32% recycled polyester/11% elastane , Product Care: Machine Washable.
- Sizes ~ XS,S,M,L,XL...
I have brought a lot of running leggings over the years. Some great and some just not right for the job!! Here are a few of my ideas on choosing the right pair of running leggings for you~
My Top Tips On Buying : The Right Pair Of Running Leggings
1. Do you carry a key? ~ If so make sure your leggings have a pocket. Some leggings have a little inside pocket at the front, some have a zip pocket at the back and some do not have a pocket. I find the back zip pockets are the most secure for keeping your key nice and safe.
2. Branded or none branded?~ Although I like some of the top brands running leggings I find that some of sport shops home brand leggings are the most comfortable. They usually cater for all my needs e.g pocket, lycra, comfort and are always a lot cheaper than the branded ones.
3. Buy leggings for the coming season~ Think about buying leggings for the coming season, before we know it the cold weather will be upon us and cycle shorts will be packed away for another year!!
4. Will the leggings stay up?~ I have brought many a pair of running leggings that feel great when in the gym but run fast in them and they keep sliding down! ~ I find the best kind of legging have a elastic waist and a cord through the waist too so you can tie them as well. This way you wont have to hold your leggings up in a race ( been there and bought the t-shirt many a times).
5. Which leggings suit you best? ~ Think about the style of leggings you like to wear when running. Cycle shorts, Knee, mid calf or ankle? My favourite for running is usually mid calf. These are a great length for all seasons and I can just wear my longer socks with them in Winter.
6. Think of a set amount of money you want to spend on a pair ~ Look for leggings in the price range you want to spend and stick to this, give or take a few pounds.
7. Try before you buy ~ If buying running leggings for the first time, a new brand you want to try or shops own brand, always try before you buy. Once you know what size you are, and which brand you prefer you can then buy them without trying as you know how they fit. I buy 10's,12's and medium in most running clothes but had to buy 16 in a top brand once to get the style I like to fit... (not that I buy this brand any more) *vain!?!* lol
8. Bend and stretch~ Once trying the leggings on, bend the knees, stretch, jump run on spot!! Make sure they fit nicely do not slip down or lumpy creases at knees. Find a nice comfy pair that will be great to run in.
9.) Lycra, lycra, lycra~ (My favourite word in sports clothes!!) Leggings with high lycra contains in are the best, the material springs back to shape once you put them on and keep you dry when running fast by drawing the sweat away. Lycra will be a tighter fit so creates less wind resistance. My p.b's are always set in Lycra!!
10. Make sure leggings are not to thin material ~ Make sure the leggings are not thin material that you can see through. Especially around the bum area!! Eek... Say no more ;)
About this post-
I got sent these 2 pair of leggings to review.
All thoughts are my own honest opinion and I did not get paid for this post ...