Packed into a pretty box, these mini frangipanes make a great gift or alternative to a box of chocolates when going for dinner with friends.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cook: 12-15 minutes
- 175g (6oz) strawberries, hulled
- 75g (3oz) butter, at room temperature
- 75g (3oz) caster sugar
- 50g (2oz) self-raising gluten free flour blend
- 1 medium egg
- 50g (2oz) ground almonds
- Few drops almond extract
- 40g (11/2oz) flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180oC (350oF), Gas Mark 4.
- Separate 24 foil or paper petite four cases and put into 2 x 12 section mini muffin tins.
- Halve or quarter the strawberries depending on their size and keep 24 pieces to one side.
- Chop the rest.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until soft and pale.
- Add the gluten free flour and egg and mix until smooth then stir in the ground almonds and almond extract.
- Stir in the chopped strawberries then spoon into the petite four cases.
- Press a strawberry piece into each one then sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until well risen, golden brown and the cakes spring back when pressed with a fingertip.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes then transfer the cakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Pack into a box lined with non-stick baking paper and tie with ribbon.
- Best eaten on the day of making.
About this post -
Recipe and photo credit by Seasonal Berries