Great for presents to make for someone special...
- 150g plain chocolate
- 150ml thick double cream
- 25g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons rum or brandy
- 1 tablespoon Greek Yoghurt
- Sweet paper or petit fours cases
25g of any of the following
- Whitworths Chopped Almonds
- Whitworths Chopped Hazelnuts
- Whitworths Toasted Chopped Mixed Nuts
- Whitworths Flaked Almonds, roughly chopped
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and grind it in a food processor or grate until very fine.
- In a pan simmer the cream, butter, and rum or brandy.
- Add the chocolate and mix off the heat until smooth.
- Add the yoghurt and stir in.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, cover with cling film and cool.
- Then leave in the fridge overnight, or simply place in the freezer for 1-2 hours until thickened.
- Take a teaspoon of the mixture and roll between your hands to create a ball shape.
- Roll each individual ball in the chosen chopped nuts to then place into the paper cases.
- This recipe should make approximately 40 truffles that can be put into boxes and given as Christmas gifts.
- They should be kept refrigerated and be eaten within three days.
- The truffles also freeze well.
Recipe and photo credit by - Whitworths