Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- 2 x 120g cans John West No Drain Tuna Chunks with a little brine
- 2 large aubergines
- 2 large red peppers
- 50ml olive oil
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Pre heat the oven 210C/ 425F/gas 7.
- Cut the aubergines in half lengthways with a knife and score the flesh on the cut side a few times in both directions.
- Place on a baking tray, cut side up along with the whole peppers.
- Drizzle with olive oil and salt and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the aubergine is soft.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool, spoon out the flesh of the aubergines into a bowl keeping the skins intact and set to one side.
- Add the rosemary to the flesh and mix well.
- Peel the skin from the peppers and remove the seeds, chop the flesh into 2 cm diced cubes and add to the aubergine flesh.
- Mix in the John West No Drain Tuna chunks, then spoon the mixture back into the aubergine skin top with the breadcrumbs and bake in the oven for 5 minutes before serving with dressed salad leaves.
Recipe and photo credit by -John-West
John West have just launched a fantastic campaign whereby consumers can now see where their canned fish has come from. All they need to do is enter a code which is on each individual tin of tuna into the John West website and the information on which sea their fish was caught in and which boat it was caught on will be revealed.