A great winter hotpot for all the family...
The creamy sauce is an ideal way to disguise the recommended daily vegetable allowance!
Prep time: 45mins
Cooking time: 1hr
- 454g Lincolnshire pork sausage (8 sausages)
- 2 Eating apples (preferably red to add colour to the dish)
- 1 Leek
- 2 Large carrots
- 1 Medium onion
- 1 Clove of garlic (crushed)
- ½ pint Chicken stock
- 300g TOTAL Greek Yoghurt Classic
- 4 Medium potatoes
- 50g Butter
- Olive oil for cooking
- Pre heat the oven to Gas Mark 6/400F or 200C.
- Peel and par boil the potatoes in a saucepan of salted water, drain and allow to cool.
- Cut each apple into four wedges and remove the core.
- Gently sauté in a frying pan with a little olive oil for around 3-4 minutes then remove from the pan and place to one side.
- Roughly cut the carrot, leek and the onion into 1 inch pieces.
- Gently sweat with the garlic for approximately 5 minutes until they start to soften, then add the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- When stock has boiled, remove from the heat and add the yoghurt.
- In a frying pan, quickly fry off the sausages in a little olive oil whilst cooking the par boiled potatoes into ¼ inch thick slices.
- Place the sausages and apples into a large casserole dish.
- Then pour over the carrot, onion, leek and yoghurt mixture.
- Next, lay the sliced half cooked potatoes over the top in an even layer.
- Generously brush with melted butter and bake in the middle of oven for approx 1 hr until crisp and golden on the top.
- Spice this dish up by switching the sausages from Lincolnshire to pork and chili or Toulouse.
Recipe and photo credit by - Total Greek Yoghurt