Sunday, September 20, 2015
Friday, August 28, 2015
Saturday, November 16, 2013
Thursday, January 24, 2013
Wednesday, January 02, 2013
Tuesday, January 01, 2013
Started off the new year with a nice,tasty and sweet breakfast smoothies.This is one of many ideas I have floating around my head, trying to get away from chocolate and cakes and eating more fruit.
What better way of still having something sweet and more healthier for you than chocolate?
A nice tasty smoothie.
Thursday, December 27, 2012
Sunday, December 02, 2012
Tuesday, November 06, 2012
516 calories / 429 fat per portion
- 4 fresh eggs
- 4 slices hot buttered toast
- 8 rashers bacon, grilled
- 4 tbsp Hollandaise sauce (recipe below)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 egg yolks
- 110g (4oz) Kerrygold butter, now softer, cut in to roughly 1cm (½ inch) dice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- First make the hollandaise sauce.
- Place the egg yolks in a heavy bottomed saucepan on a low heat and whisk thoroughly.
- Add the butter bit by bit whisking all the time. As soon as one piece melts add the next.
- Do not leave the pan or stop whisking.
- Keep cooking very gently until the sauce has thickened, enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- If there are any signs of the eggs slightly scrambling, remove from the heat immediately.
- The whole process should take 5-7 minutes from start to finish.
- Finally add the lemon juice to taste.
- Keep warm as you poach the eggs.
- Place a saucepan of water on a high heat, add a splash of vinegar and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, gently crack in the eggs and cook for 3–4 minutes or until the whites have just set.
- Carefully remove the eggs from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- place two pieces of bacon on the hot buttered toast, then place 1 egg on top.
- Spoon over the sauce and sprinkle with chives.
Recipe and photo credit by-
This recipe comes from a collection of 6 brand new and exclusive recipes created by Rachel Allen featuring in The Kerrygold Community Recip-e-book.