What time is it?
Time for some yummy Golden syrup cupcakes ...
Prep time 25 minutes
Cooking time 20-25 minutes
For the cupcakes
- 185g (6½oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 150g (5oz) Tate & Lyle’s Golden Caster sugar
- 185g (6½oz) self-raising flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
For the butter cream & decoration
- 110g (4oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 200g (7oz) Tate & Lyle’s Icing sugar + extra for dusting
- 2 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup + extra for drizzling
- 1 tbsp milk
You will also need
- 12-hole muffin tin lined with paper cake cases
- Piping bag fitted with a star nozzle.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°, Gas 4.
- Combine the butter, Lyle’s Golden Syrup, Tate & Lyle’s Golden Caster sugar, flour, eggs and milk together in a bowl.
- Beat with an electric hand mixer for about 1 minute until soft and creamy.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes until well risen, golden brown and they spring back when lightly pressed with a finger.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool.
- For the butter cream, put the butter in a bowl, sift over the icing sugar and mix until soft, then add the Lyle’s Golden Syrup and milk and stir until smooth.
- Transfer to the piping bag and nozzle and decorate the cakes with a swirl of butter cream.
- Drizzle over a little Lyle’s Golden Syrup, lightly dust with Tate & Lyle’s Icing sugar and serve.
About this post -
Recipe and photo credit by-
This recipe was made using Tate & Lyle sugars and Lyle’s golden syrup, for more delicious recipes visit Taste And Smile or Lyles Golden Syrup