Recipe and Images courtesy of Pinkster Gin; Boozy Berries.
2 Dinner Date Recipes: Venison with Raspberry And Bitter Chocolate Sauce And A Boozy Berries Trifle.
Happy Friday 🙂
Today I am sharing 2 dinner date recipes ideas with you: Venison with Raspberry And Bitter Chocolate Sauce And A Boozy Berries Trifle:
Venison with Raspberry And Bitter Chocolate Sauce And A Boozy Berries Trifle.
Venison With Raspberry And Bitter Chocolate Sauce:
- 4 pieces venison loin (about 150g each)
- 50g unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Boozy Berries, 3 tbsp.
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp finely chopped shallot
- 25ml raspberry vinegar
- 500ml red wine
- ¼ pint veal stock
- 50g dark chocolate (70%+) broken into pieces
- 30g/1oz unsalted butter
1. For the venison, season the loins well with salt and pepper, then heat the butter in another frying pan over a medium heat and cook the venison pieces for 4-5 minutes on each side for rare. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of the meat, so cook it accordingly to your liking. Remove from the pan and rest on a plate, covered with foil.
2. For the sauce, add the oil to a frying pan and sweat the shallots over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft.
3. Add the vinegar and allow it to evaporate completely. Add the Boozy Berries and wine, reduce it to about a quarter of its original volume, and then add the stock and chocolate.
4. When the chocolate has melted, whisk in the butter.
5. Slice the venison and serve with the sauce.
Boozy Berries Trifle:
One of my favourite things and no cooking required. Just assemble and enjoy!
- Jar of Boozy Berries
- Fresh raspberries/strawberries to decorate
- Your favourite jelly mix
- Custard powder
- Pint of Milk
- Madeira cake or whatever cake you have handy
- Pint Double Cream
1. Get all your ingredients ready. Make up the jelly mix according to the instructions on the packet and whip the double cream.
2. In your chosen bowl, dish or in our case empty Boozy Berries jar, place a layer of Madeira cake. Spoon on some Boozy berries, pour in some jelly and allow jelly to set.
3. Add a layer of custard and more cake.
4. Add some fruit and fresh cream.
5. Keep layering until jar (bowl/dish) is full, top with some more cake, cream and fresh fruit.
6. Chill before serving. Then dig in!
2 Dinner Date Recipes: Venison with Raspberry And Bitter Chocolate Sauce And A Boozy Berries Trifle. Recipe and Images courtesy of Pinkster Gin; Boozy Berries.
Fancy trying these recipes out?
Or how about trying these recipes too:
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie
- BerryWorld Blueberry And Lemon Curd Muffins: How To
- Sweet Potato Topped with Ricotta, Celery And Radish
- Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake
- Marshmallow Crispy Cupcakes: Great For Parties
- Indian Turkey Curry With Shallots: Fiery Curry Recipe
- Turkey, Gammon And Sprout Pot Pie: A Perfect Recipe At
- Christmas Leftover Veg Tart For A Delicious Meal
- Baked Eggnog Cheesecake, Ginger And Maple Crust