Recipe and Images courtesy of Pinkster Gin; Boozy Berries.
2 Dinner Date Recipes: Venison with Raspberry And Bitter Chocolate Sauce And A Boozy Berries Trifle. Hello friends. Happy Friday 🙂 So how are you today?
Today I am also sharing 2 dinner date recipes ideas with you:
Venison with Raspberry And Bitter Chocolate Sauce And A Boozy Berries Trifle:
Venison With Raspberry And Bitter Chocolate Sauce:
4 pieces venison loin (about 150g each)
50g unsalted butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Boozy Berries, 3 tbsp.
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp finely chopped shallot
25ml raspberry vinegar
500ml red wine
¼ pint veal stock
50g dark chocolate (70%+) broken into pieces
30g/1oz unsalted butter
Venison with Raspberry And Bitter Chocolate Sauce Method:
1. Firstly, for the venison, season the loins well with salt and pepper, then heat the butter in another frying pan over a medium heat and cook the venison pieces for 4-5 minutes on each side for rare. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of the meat, so cook it accordingly to your liking. Remove from the pan and rest on a plate, covered with foil.
2. For the sauce, add the oil to a frying pan and sweat the shallots over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft.
3. Add the vinegar and allow it to evaporate completely. Add the Boozy Berries and wine, reduce it to about a quarter of its original volume, and then add the stock and chocolate.
4. When the chocolate has melted, whisk in the butter.
5. Slice the venison and serve with the sauce.
Boozy Berries Trifle:
One of my favourite things and no cooking required. Just assemble and enjoy!
Jar of Boozy Berries
Fresh raspberries/strawberries to decorate
Your favourite jelly mix
Pint of Milk
Madeira cake or whatever cake you have handy
Pint Double Cream
Boozy Berries Trifle Method:
1. Firstly, get all your ingredients ready. Make up the jelly mix according to the instructions on the packet and whip the double cream.
2. In your chosen bowl, dish or in our case empty Boozy Berries jar, place a layer of Madeira cake. Spoon on some Boozy berries, pour in some jelly and allow jelly to set.
3. Add a layer of custard and more cake.
4. Add some fruit and fresh cream.
5. Keep layering until jar (bowl/dish) is full, top with some more cake, cream and fresh fruit.
6. Chill before serving. Then dig in!
2 Dinner Date Recipes: Venison with Raspberry And Bitter Chocolate Sauce And A Boozy Berries Trifle:
2 Dinner Date Recipes: Venison with Raspberry And Bitter Chocolate Sauce And A Boozy Berries Trifle. Recipe and Images courtesy of Pinkster Gin; Boozy Berries.
So what do you think about these recipes? Do you also fancy trying these recipes out? Because I know I do.
Or how about also trying these recipes too:
Firstly, Boozy Berries Gin Juniper Sauce. So tasty.
Secondly, A Berry Boozy Chocolate Cake. So yummy.
Thirdly, Do you like to cook with wines, spirits or alcohol? If so, I have a recipe for you today. Boozy Berries Chocolate Brownies. So moreish.
Finally, lovelies; I also hope you like this post? Thank you so much for stopping by.