Do you love cake AS MUCH AS ME?
If you stay around my blog for long, you will realise, I love my cake.
Cake, oh yummy cake…
I made this lemon cake a few days ago and it tasted amazing.
I just wish I could have shared some with you …Just a little slice though.
What you need:
- 250g/9oz unsalted butter
- Plus extra for greasing
- 250g/9oz golden caster sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 250g/9oz self-raising flour
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp milk
- 140g/5oz unsalted butter
- 200g/7oz icing sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp lemon curd
- Preheat the oven to 180 c/350 f/gas mark 4.
- Grease two 20-cm/8-inch sandwich tins and line the base with baking paper.
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar until fluffy in texture.
- One at a time gradually add the eggs, beating well after each one is added.
- Sift the flour and fold in with a metal spoon.
- Fold in lemon rind and milk lightly and evenly.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tins and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and springy to the touch.
- Leave the cakes to cool in the tins for 2-3mins, then turn out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
For the butter icing:
- Beat together the butter, icing sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Mix about 3 tablespoons of the buttercream with the lemon curd.
- Use the lemon curd mix spread all over one and sandwich the two cakes together.
- Spread the remaining butter icing over the top of the cake.
This is not my recipe all credits go to – The big book of baking.
Do you like cake?
What is your favourite recipe?
Do you like them filled with cream or buttercream?
What do you think? Fancy trying this lemon icing cake?