Why is it with some insurance companies, when you have been with them a year or two the prices start to rise? You claim nothing but the new policy has gone up!?
Years ago we used to get cheaper bills because we had not claimed. Now my bills seem to go up each year and they hope that you…
- Don’t notice and pay the extra money they charge you.
- Don’t have the time to look around and you will just pay it.
- Don’t know where to start to look for cheaper insurance.
Like this year for instance; our insurance went up around £45-00 and after compared home insurance we managed to get it for the same price as last year. just by spending a few minutes looking around.
One of my goals this year is to save money!!
So far this is what I have come up with:
- Compare home insurance, car insurance, phone bill, broadband, gas and electricity bill with easy to use websites on the internet that are free and easy to compare your prices.
- Buy groceries online. This way we only buy what we need and do not end up buying lots of treats and goodies. Especially when we are hungry also it will save petrol too. Since we have done this we have saved about £25 a week and seem to have less waste.
- Meal plan. Planning meals for the week we have had more family meals and not as much biting and bobbing. Which has resulted in a more balanced diet.
- Cut down on small journeys in the car. With the price of petrol nowadays, only using car for emergencies or for distances over 4 miles. It has got everyone fitter as a result.
Money saving ideas for next few months are look at changing mortgage to get better deal, only buy clothes etc when sales are on.
Anyone got any other ideas let me know in the comments. I am always looking for money saving tips!!