Hello and welcome to my new and fun blog hop, Creative Thursday.
What has everyone been up to this week?
Have you been creative?
Want to join in the fun and link up your posts?
This is a creative blog hop where you can add all your home made creative projects from making cakes to needle craft and you can add as many links as you like…
So one question …
What have you been making this week?
Join in and visit other blogs leave comments and visit people who comment on your blog…..
I would like to thank:
Where nothing good comes easy for carrot-cake-pancakes
Scrap Project 365 for perfect-campfire-kit
And Mud pies and Marmalade for cheesy-witchy-fingers
With the kids being off this week my 14 year old son has been making lots of cakes these are some yummy milk chocolate icing buns he made us this week…
What you need:
For the cupcakes:
- 12 muffin cases
- 125g soft butter
- 125g sugar
- 125g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- half a teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the icing:
- 250g sieved icing sugar
- 60g margarine
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp hot milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 c/gas mark 6 and place 12 muffin cases in a muffin tray.
- Mix the butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs one at a time adding a little flour.
- Fold in the rest of the flour and add the, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and vanilla extract.
- Place the mixture into the paper cases and bake for around 15-20 minutes until a golden colour.
- Place on a wire rack leave until cold.
To make the icing:
- Melt the margarine, blend in cocoa, then stir in the icing sugar, milk and vanilla essence.
- Beat well until smooth and thick.
- Then add to the chocolate mix to the cold cakes by either dipping the cakes into the mixture or spooning onto the cakes.
- Leave until set.
Don’t forget to like your favourite ones.
Creative Thursday linky list is now closed.