We love trifles here.
They are one of our favourite desserts.
Well mine and the husbands!!
Today I am sharing these fun bite size trifles:
A modern twist on an old favourite.
Sometimes you just need a small dainty pud after a huge Christmas lunch.
These tiny trifles add a delicious sweet finish that look stunning.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Chilling time: 3-4 hours
- 175 g (5 oz) blackberries
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 trifle sponges
- 4 tablespoons sweet sherry
- 2 x 140 g pots ready made long life custard
- Grated rind ½ small orange
- 150 ml (¼ pint) double cream
- 8 small blackberries and a few crushed sugared almonds to decorate, optional
- Add the blackberries, sugar and water to a small saucepan, cover and cook gently for 5 minutes then leave to cool.
- Cut the trifle sponges into tiny cubes & divide between the bases of 8 small 100 ml (3½ fl oz) liqueur glasses then spoon over the sherry.
- Divide the blackberries and cooking juices between glasses & use the back of a spoon to create and even layer.
- Mix the custard with the orange rind then spoon over the blackberries.
- Softly whip the cream and spoon over the custard.
- Decorate each glass with a blackberry and some roughly crushed sugared almonds if liked.
Do you fancy making these bite sized trifles?
Recipe and photo credits -Seasonal Berries