Bite Sized Trifles: Great For Birthdays, Christmas And Parties.
We love trifles here.
They are one of our favourite desserts.
Well mine and the husbands!!
Today I am sharing these fun bite size trifles:
A modern twist on an old favourite.
Sometimes you just need a small dainty pud after a huge Christmas lunch.
These tiny trifles add a delicious sweet finish that look stunning.
Bite Sized Trifles:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Chilling time: 3-4 hours
- 175 g (5 oz) blackberries
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 trifle sponges
- 4 tablespoons sweet sherry
- 2 x 140 g pots ready made long life custard
- Grated rind ½ small orange
- 150 ml (¼ pint) double cream
- 8 small blackberries and a few crushed sugared almonds to decorate, optional
- Add the blackberries, sugar and water to a small saucepan, cover and cook gently for 5 minutes then leave to cool.
- Cut the trifle sponges into tiny cubes & divide between the bases of 8 small 100 ml (3½ fl oz) liqueur glasses then spoon over the sherry.
- Divide the blackberries and cooking juices between glasses & use the back of a spoon to create and even layer.
- Mix the custard with the orange rind then spoon over the blackberries.
- Softly whip the cream and spoon over the custard.
- Decorate each glass with a blackberry and some roughly crushed sugared almonds if liked.
Bite Sized Trifles: Great For Birthdays, Christmas And Parties .
Do you fancy making these bite sized trifles?
Recipe and photo credits -Seasonal Berries.
You Might Also Like:
6 Trifle Recipes To Try Out: Perfect For Christmas:
We love trifles here. One of my husband favourite treats. I love to make trifles recipes up and trying different ones out. Especially at Christmas.
Pear And Ginger Trifle:
Love trifles here; do you too?
If so, how about trying this pear and ginger trifle recipe out?
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- How To Make A Banana Nut Cornettos
- Super Fruity Milkshake Lollies Too Keep You Cool
- The Kelly’s Christmas Ice Cream Trifle
- 7 Summer Recipes: Alfresco Dining With Pyrex
- Frozen Losalted Caramel Yogurt
- How To Make Ginger Ice Cream
- Coconut, Blueberry And Pistachio Frozen Yogurt
- Strawberry Shortbread Sundaes: Not Just For Sunday
- Mango And Pineapple Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream