Fancy trying out this Duck Breasts With A Port And Berry Sauce recipe out?
- 4 duck breasts
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- 200ml/7floz Port
- 2tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 2tsp concentrated liquid beef stock
- 50g/2oz unsalted butter
- 200g seasonal mixed berries
- 1tsp arrowroot
- Preheat the oven to 220 C/425 F/Gas Mark 7.
- Coast the duck breasts in the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place a large frying pan over a high heat and lay the duck breasts skin side down in the hot pan.
- Fry for 2 minutes then turn over and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Transfer the duck to a roasting tin and bake for 10 minutes.
- Bring half the Port to the boil in a saucepan and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add the remaining Port, return to the boil then simmer until reduced by half again.
- Add the redcurrant jelly and stock and stir until the jelly has melted.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and gradually whisk in the butter a little at a time.
- Blend the arrowroot with 1 tablespoon of cold water and add to the saucepan with the berries.
- Return to the heat and simmer for 2 minutes until the sauce has thickened and is glossy.
- Allow the duck breasts to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve the duck with bubble and squeak rostis, green beans and the berries.
Recipe and photo credit by – Seasonal Berries