Nothing says how much you care than a homemade present – and these Florentines are so quick and easy.
Make them look really professional with a celophane bag and some ribbon.
Makes 12 biscuits
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 25g (1oz) light brown soft sugar
- 100g (3½oz) Carnation Condensed Milk
- 2 tsp plain flour
- 150g (5½oz) mixed dried fruit and nuts such as apricots, cranberries, blueberries, cherries, toasted flaked almonds, desiccated coconut etc.
- 85g (3oz) dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180C, (160C for fan ovens) or Gas Mark 4.
- Melt the butter and sugar in a non-stick saucepan stirring until combined.
- Add the condensed milk and heat until just bubbling.
- Stir in the plain flour and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the dried fruit and nuts.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture onto parchment lined baking sheets and bake for about 12 minutes until turning golden brown at the edges.
- Leave to cool on the tray.
- When cool, melt the chocolate and spread a small amount on the flat side of the Florentine then drag a fork through the chocolate to make wavy lines.
Do you like to make homemade gifts?
Recipe and photo credit by- Carnation