Today I’m sharing this fun heart of gold Christmas cupcakes recipe with you!!
Makes 12 cakes
- Mixing bowl
- Electric whisk/ wooden spoon
- Spoon/ ice cream scoop
- 12 cup muffin pan
- 12 muffin cases
- 3oz (75g) unsalted butter OR Margarine *butter will produce a richer sponge*
- 3 fluid oz (75ml) Heart of Gold Rapeseed oil
- 6 oz (175g) Dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 8oz (225g) self-raising flour
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) mixed dried fruit
- 2oz (50g) chopped golden marzipan
Before you start:
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Pre heat oven, 180oC, 160oC fan oven, gas mark 4.
How to make:
- Using a wooden spoon or electric whisk if possible soften the butter in a bowl until it forms a creamy soft texture.
- Add in the Heart of Gold rapeseed oil and combine with the butter.
- Add in the dark brown sugar and mix well with the butter/rapeseed oil.
- Add the eggs one by one into the mixture until all 3 are well mixed in.
- Adding the eggs one by one also prevents from spoiling the mixture if you happen to come across a bad egg.
- Sift in the self-raising flour and bring the mixture together.
- Finally stir in the mixed dried fruit and marzipan.
- Divide the cake mixture between the 12 muffin cases using a spoon or ice cream scoop.
- Place on the middle shelf in the oven for 20 minutes.
- If are unsure if the cupcakes are baked after 20 minutes gently press the top of one of the cupcakes.
- It should feel spongy and bounce back up.
- Once baked remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cool wire.
- Decorate with some Christmas sparkle and enjoy.
Recipe and photo credit by- Heart Of Gold Rapeseed Oil