Bacon, sprouts and chestnuts with vermouth…
Whirlpool’s microwave recipe….
Here is a recipe for a great vegetable dish to serve with your turkey on Christmas Day.
If vegetarians are coming for lunch you can omit the bacon.
Some people believe they don’t like the flavour of sprouts, but try this recipe and your guests are sure to love the flavour combinations of the bacon, chestnuts and sprout.
Cook this colourful dish on the Max crisp plate, to ensure your bacon is really crispy.
- 250g prepared brussel sprouts, halved if quite large
- 150g smoked bacon lardons
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 150g ready prepared chestnuts, halved
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tbsp. dry vermouth
- Place the prepared sprouts in a microwavable dish with four tbsp. water, cover, pierce and cook on 750W(jet), for three to four minutes.
- Pre-heat the crisp plate on the crisp function for two minutes.
- When hot, add the bacon lardons and cook for four mins, turning occasionally.
- If water comes out of the bacon, use a piece of kitchen towel to soak up the liquid.
- Remove the crisp plate from the Max M/W oven, add the onions and cook for a further two minutes on the crisp function.
- Finally add the chestnuts, thyme, black pepper, and vermouth.
- Drain the sprouts and add to the crisp plate.
- Stir all the ingredients together and return to the Max M/W oven.
- Cook for a further four minutes on the crisp function, stir after two mins then serve.
Recipe and photo credit by- Whirlpool