Berry Coconut Cheesecake…
Berry Coconut Cheesecake: Suitable for vegetarians, Suitable for vegans, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soy Free, Seed Free
Preparation time: 20 minutes plus 2-3 hours chilling time
Storage: will keep in the fridge for 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month
- 150g/5oz cashew nuts
- 90g / 3 ¼ oz desiccated coconut
- Pinch of sea salt
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp coconut butter, melted
- 250g / 9oz cashew nuts
- 60g / 2oz xylitol
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 100g / 3 ½ oz coconut butter, melted
- 225g / 8oz fresh berries of choice e.g. blackberries, blueberries, raspberries
- 100ml / 3 ½ floz pure berry or pomegranate juice
- Juice of ½ lemon
Berry Jam Topping:
- 250g /9oz Fresh berries, the same as in the cheesecake
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 2tsp xylitol to taste
- 2tsp agar agar flakes
- OR use Essential Pure Fruit Raspberry Jam
- Make the base by grinding the nuts and coconut in a blender until fine.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients to form a sticky dough.
- Press firmly into the base of a 20cm/8in spring form cake tin.
- Freeze for 30 minutes to harden.
- Place all the filling ingredients into a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the base and chill for 3-4 hours until set.
- To make the berry jam topping place the berries in a pan with the lemon juice, xylitol and agar agar flakes.
- Heat gently and simmer for 2-3 minutes until syrupy.
- Leave to cool before using to thicken the spread.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin.
- Spread over the berry jam and cut into slices.
- Garnish with fresh berries and serve.
- Calories: 344kcal
- Protein: 6.5g
- Total Fat 30g of which saturates 15.8g
- Carbohydrates 14.2g
- Per 100g
- Calories: 312kcal
- Protein: 5.9g
- Total Fat 27.2g of which saturates 14.3g
- Carbohydrates 12.9g
Recipe and photo credits- Essential Trading Coop