British Turkey Filo Pouches…
Preheat oven to 190°C / 375°F / Gas mark 5
Calories = 553
Fat = 30.95g
- 8oz / 225g cooked British Turkey, finely diced
- 2 tbsp cranberry relish or cranberry sauce
- 4oz / 100g Edam cheese, grated
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp double cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 packet filo pastry (thawed)
- 2oz / 50g butter, melted
- Mix turkey with relish or sauce, cheese, onions, parsley, soy sauce and cream.
- Season lightly.
- Cut sheets of filo pastry into squares about 15cm / 6oz. Make the pouches one at a time.
- Take three squares and keep the rest covered with a clean,damp tea towel to prevent the filo from drying out.
- Lay three squares on top of each other brushing lightly in between with butter.
- Place a spoonful of filling in the centre and draw up the filo into a money-bag, pinching the edges together well.
- Repeat until all the pastry and filling is used.
- Place on a non-stick baking sheet, brushing the sides and tops with more butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 mins until golden brown.
Recipe and photo credit by – British Turkey