Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Chestnuts.
Perfect side for Christmas dinner!?
Serves: 4 – 6
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 240g can whole chestnuts, halve or quarter large chestnuts
- 500g Brussels sprouts, remove outer leaves and halve
- 6 rashers bacon, finely sliced
- 25g butter
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- Plunge the Brussels sprouts into a pan of boiling water and boil for two minutes.
- Drain well and refresh the sprouts under cold running water, then drain again.
- Heat the butter and oil in a deep-sided frying pan or wok.
- Add the bacon and fry until crispy, then add the garlic and cook for a few seconds.
- Add the sprouts and chestnuts and stir-fry until all the ingredients are heated through.
Hints and Tips:
- Canned chestnuts need no preparation before cooking, so this meal takes just minutes to make.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
- Calories: 283
- Protein: 12.2g
- Carbs: 19.0g
- Sugars: 6.6g
- Fat: 18.1g
- Sat Fat: 6.7g
- Fibre: 6.7g
- Sodium: 0.6g
Recipe and photo credit by- Canned Food UK