Butternut Squash, Coconut,Chickpea Curry With Toasted Coconut Flakes.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Storage: Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days
You will need:
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1tsp fennel seeds
- 3 large garlic cloves
- Small piece fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1 tomato
- Pinch of sugar
- 2 tbsp Essential virgin coconut oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 250g / 9oz butternut squash, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 red pepper, chopped into chunks
- 225g / 8oz green beans, sliced in half crossways
- 400ml / 14oz can Essential organic coconut milk
- 400g / 14oz can Essential chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 400g / 14oz can Essential chopped Italian tomatoes
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- Handful of chopped coriander leaves
- 30g /1oz Essential toasted coconut flakes
- Dry fry the seeds in a non-stick frying pan until they turn golden.
- Place in a grinder and process to form a powder.
- Place the garlic, ginger, chilli, turmeric, tomato and sugar in a food processor with the spice mixture and process with a little water to make a paste.
- Heat the coconut butter in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Sauté the onion for 2 minutes until lightly coloured.
- Add the chilli paste to the pan and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in the garam masala, coconut milk and tomatoes with the butternut squash.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the red pepper, green beans, chickpeas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tamarind paste, season to taste and scatter with the coriander leaves and coconut flakes to serve.
- Per serving/Per 100g
- Calories: 240kcal Calories: 50kcal
- Protein: 9.2g Protein: 1.9g
- Total Fat: 10.5g of which saturates 5.3g Total Fat: 2.2g of which saturates 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 28.9g Carbohydrates: 6g
Recipe and photo credit by – Essential Trading