Recipe and photo credits- Cathedral City.
Cheese and Marmite Straw’s anyone?
How To Make Cheese And Marmite Straws:
Makes approx 24 straws
- 200g grated Cathedral City Mature
- 100g Plain flour
- 200g cold butter, diced
- A pinch of paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons of Marmite
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4, 375ºF or 180ºC (Fan-assisted 160ºC).
- Using a food processor, blend the flour, butter, half the Cathedral City, paprika, salt and pepper into a fine crumbly mixture.
- Add the egg and blend again until the mixture forms a soft dough (you may need to add a little water).
- Allow to chill for 1/2 hour.
- Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface.
- Brush the top with Marmite (it may be easier to do this if the Marmite is slightly heated).
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the pastry and cut the pastry into straws.
- Bake on a greased baking tray for approximately 2 minutes or until they are golden.
- Cool on a wire rack before eating.
Recipe and photo credits- Cathedral City